Sales Engineer/Business Development Manager
Matara UK Limited is one of the UK’s leading providers of automation solutions.
During the last 25 years we have built up a loyal customer base and as our product offering has grown, we need to ensure that we continue to develop this further.
As a Sales Engineer/Business Development Manager, you will combine sound technical knowledge with exceptional sales skills.
The ideal candidate would ideally possess an engineering qualification or equivalent – mechanical, electrical and could be apprentice trained, ONC / HNC / Degree.
However, if you are currently working in an internal commercial or technical sales role and have a strong desire to prove yourself at field sales level, we would provide the support and training to enable you to do so.
Experience of selling engineering products to design engineers, project engineers and supply chain personnel would be a distinct advantage.
Area – Exact Details & Postcodes TBC depending on your location.
Requirements of the position
- Establishing new and maintaining existing relationships with customers
- Deal with people in an engineering environment.
- Able to generate new business and new customers on a weekly basis.
- Searching for new clients who could benefit from your products in a designated region.
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements
- Persuading clients that a product or service will best satisfy their needs.
- Negotiating and closing sales by agreeing terms and conditions
- Offering after-sales support
- Preparing sales forecasts and reports for head office.
- Meeting regular sales targets
- Recording and maintaining client contact data
- Liaising with other members of the sales team
- Solving client problems
- Driven to achieve a sale and goal orientated.
- A solid technical background
- Sound judgement and good business sense
- Team working ability.
- The ability to build relationships with clients quickly.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Resilience and tenacity
- Independence and ability to work from home.
- Ability to communicate at board room level to factory floor.
Salary £30-45K Depending on experience.
Bonus dependant on company goals being set and achieved.
Car, laptop and phone provided.